Ootd ! Heading to a festival soon and then MAYBE going to see Boyhood for the third time in two weeks
comedownfromyourcharacterlimit Tagged me
1. I adore pet names, but I’m very very very selective about who I allow to use them. For example, theres exactly one person in my life who’s allowed to call me Lady on a regular basis, and there’s maybe two or three who are allowed to call me Babe. If you wanna make me hate you, call me either of those (or anything else) without earning the right to first. Gross. I also shower my significant others with pet names, to an embarrassing point - I started making up my own words to use instead of relying on overused ones because it’s slightly less annoying. I’m just not affectionate usually so my SOs and best friends get all the pent up love
2. I’m an artist. Not just as a hobby - I really do kinda live and breathe it. I think about the arts almost constantly and it makes me so happy to be around people who are also that way.
3. I love adventure and recklessness and romantic events. I want to be a part of things that have never happened before and can’t be duplicated - like a first conversation sparked by coincidence between two people who are destined to be best friends, or a comedically failed attempt at running away from home, or DIY tattoos done by a friend at 4am to commemorate an evening of nothing but a general sense of contentedness. I love dirt and brick and sweat and smoke and car horns and birds singing and not knowing what the fuck is going on.
4. There is apparently a large quantity of people who think I smoke pot. I don’t and haven’t, but I think it’s funny
5. I’m very determined. I don’t often set strict goals for myself but when I do I get them accomplished quickly and easily - no amount of work or patience is too much if I know there’s a chance I can get what I want.
6. I go really far out of my way to set up jokes. Like, sometimes I’ll wait years for someone to notice an innocuous detail, and usually I’m the only one who thinks they’re funny. Like temporarily changing my name to Asia Bean Christina so when someone called me easy a year later I got to say “Easy as ABC”
I’m apparently supposed to tag someone so im gonna tag getguac
I’m grossed out by the kind of stuff tumblr does to its users over an extended period of time
Grammar and punctuation is completely lost on some people, to the point where their posts are unreadable and irritating
And tumblr fosters and feeds this incredible narcissism and need to impress people- people who don’t really matter in the grand scheme of things.
Argentina: doing it right. After passing a groundbreaking gender identity law on Wednesday, Argentina, which became the first Latin American country to legalize same-sex marriage, now leads the entire world when it comes to trans rights.
The new law, which was passed by 55-0 and is expected to be signed by president Cristina Fernandez, grants trans people the right to legally change their gender identity without having to get approval from doctors or judges–and, importantly, without having to change their bodies at all first. Not having a valid ID that matches your gender identity is a huge barrier to access to education, employment, health care, you name it. As Kalym Sori, an Argentinian trans man said, “This is why the law of identity is so important. It opens the door to the rest of our rights.”
Okay so I have one master playlist and then a bunch of sub-playlists that have content from the main playlist sorted into various different arrangements sorted by vibes with titles carefully selected based on their relations (that only I seem to see the link between) to said vibes. For example ontological dilemma is slow songs (predominantly acoustic) spanning from Yellow Ostrich to Alex Turner to John Denver. Wayne’s world erotica is a precarious balance between 90s rap covers and folk music. Songs for Specific Circumstances are mostly selected by the color scheme of the album art in relation to the way I felt when making the playlist (suffering from the emotional reaction to painfully Specific Circumstances). Don’t question my methods
The New Yorker’s Ferguson cover is one for the history books.
This is very compelling artwork
NICE. The texture is quite different from Drooker’s usual style (he likes the halo effect, but I’ve never seen him do it so thickly, with those almost impasto swirls), and *very* compelling.
you are fireworks lit at sunrise
you are summer moonrise
sorry officer but do you even have an office? that’s what i thought
Romanticisation of Mental Illness, Kelsey Weaver
A Fin whale carcass the bears have been feeding on for the past year lies beneath the surface of the water, Svalbard, Norway.
I’ve been looking for this for such a long time
y’all getting really specific like “where are all the indie boys with messy shoulder length brown hair and blue eyes who are between 6’ and 6’4 whose favourite vampire weekend album is contra but knows mvotc is their best album and drinks their coffee black with 3.2 sugars and smokes cheap cigarettes on a balcony at 2:23 am” like….. chill